Can't reactivate Cubase AI 7 Elements ???

I installed Cubase AI Elements 7 on my laptop and realizing a few months later I will never use it there, I’m installing it on my desktop (Mac OS X 10.8.5).

I’m getting a message : ‘‘The selected Software e-Licensor cannot be reactivated because it contains any license that is reactivable’’.

I have updated the eLicensor to latest version (as I also have Wavelab Elements 7 on that desktop), but can’t use Cubase.

It looks to me like all odds are against my willingness to give a try to Cubase - after over a decade of Sonar and Pro Tools - this week, seriously though of buying either Cubase 8 Pro or Artist, but last minute discovered it would not work on Mac OSX 10.8x… Ok then: let’s get my hands on that earlier stripped version, meanwhile, until I can update OSX (many of the stuff I use don’t work on Yosemite…)

Well back to my question: is there a way or not to switch that license to my desktop ? Or should I conclude that Cubase is not for me ?..

Yes you can, but you will need to log in on your “My Steinberg” area. If you have any trouble, contact support.

Benn there, done that…

Still get 'The selected Soft-eLicenser cannot be reactivated because it does not contain any license that is reactivatable""

Guess will need to contact Support. Thanks :slight_smile:

Why this support access is being so complicated and ridiculously designed ???

I’m being looped over and over again, to arrive on the form, then as soon as I start filling it, I am asked for entering the eLicenser number, and gueess what ? I’m kicked out one more time… Need to redo all this… Spent so much time on it that I give up. Can’t imagine having to deal with such a poor support. RIDICULOUS !!

I’m so frustrated that I’m now arguing with my wife on a Xmas day …

ANyone receiving this very cool reply when submitting a support request ?
(oh yes : I got it trying to go back because all I get when submitting the form is a BLANK page, no idea if it was sent or not. A Blank page. After two days struggling with their looping login…)

Confirm Form Resubmission
Hide details
This webpage requires data that you entered earlier in order to be properly displayed. You can send this data again, but by doing so you will repeat any action this page previously performed.
Reload this webpage
Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.
Error code: ERR_CACHE_MISS

Don’t do that! :wink:

You can try to contact a Steinberg’s employee here at the forum. Another tip is trying a different browser to access that support page (and check your cookies permissions).