cant record windows audio

I used to beable to play a guitar solo on You Tube and capture it in Wavelab 9.5. No I can’t the MME driver doesn’t show up on the input choises. At lease tell us when and why your taking freatures away. Not all of us have time to go and the adventure hunt.

1. I have tried many times to render 10 songs wih the Album Text, performers text. the use the metadata feature to put the song info in each song. Doesn’nt work. It it does please send my the secrect decoder to fijure our the sequesnce fo settings need to accomplish this. (Another wasted 8 hours)
  1. Try ASIO4ALL

2. Did you check the manual, eg.
    Metadata and Variables

I had a specific request to embed metadata (track title/performer/isrc) a couple of days ago and this worked perfectly in WL10 Windows 10?

This is actually quite easy to do and one of the reasons I continue to use WaveLab today. I agree that it’s initially a little tricky to set up but with the right new montage template, pre-loaded with the right metadata preset in the metadata tab, this becomes like auto-pilot.

The metadata can be automatically inherited from the CD-Text fields which are easy to quickly populate, and then just add the specific artwork for that project, render new WAV or mp3 files from the montage. Done.

I hope to have some tutorials ready soon.

@scojo What sound card are you using? I was on the hunt for the best option for exactly this specific task of recording system (Windows) audio. I ended up buying the RME HDSPe AIO interface, which has a particularly useful Loopback function, meaning you can route and record audio from anywhere to anywhere. I’m pretty confident there’s no other option on the market that does it better than RME with the excellent TotalMix FX companion app. For me, being able to quickly record system audio is a key sound design production ingredient, so if you’re on the look for the apex solution of all solutions, go with this one.

Try VoiceMeeter. It’s free. You can combine sources together.

Any app will add latency when recording though. Personally I’ve found physically splitting the audio output and routing it back into the audio interface input or into a completely separate interface is the only real low latency way but that also colors the sound. If you use digital cables like ADAT or Spdif though it won’t.

That’s also a good method. Although I should add that my Loopback suggestion above, along with any RME soundcard and their TotalMix software is also absolutely zero latency. Simply doesn’t add any latency at all – and you don’t have any coloring issue. Only downside is that it comes with a price tag, which isn’t too big of a deal if you’re really down with audio. :wink:

Probably what is happening in that case is the interface itself is changing it’s routing rather than the app doing it. Making it more like Real-time direct monitoring. That is obvious the best case if your interface can do it. ADAT and Spidiff won’t color the sound for recording since it’s all digital but maybe the clocking might come into play. Analogue however between two interfaces, passes through the DA of the first interface back to the AD of the second interface.

So the ideally, in terms of low latency, it would be

• audio interface internal routing. (best option)

• ADAT or digital routing. (2nd option)

• Audio cables. (last resort)

If you don’t mind adding some latency you can use VoiceMeeter.