Did Cubase update to latest version (had the problem before and after cubase update today)
- Pool -> search for missing files - none found
- Pool -> removed unused media
- Save Project, or save new version, or backup project
- Open newly created or saved project get error: “The project could not be save because: The project is corrupt!”
This does not happen in other projects.
I use Direct Offline Processing in this project a lot.
It is NOT a big project.
- Running OSX, 10.13.2
- Using Superior Drummer - latest version and updates.
- Halion SE
- 4 simple audio tracks
- there may be some frozen tracks
I had missing media a couple of days ago. I pointed to the missing files and it was fixed. Once I started seeing issues, I tried to clean up the project and back it up to a new location. This is when I noticed this error.
This project also had very weird media naming problems for events like :iano_2 or /iano_2 I fixed all of these but it was not easy. I even had the Audio folder get renamed by Cubase as piano_2 and all the media files were put in there. At one point many audio clips were not seen by the project even though they showed in the pool. In project view the clips showed “building preview” or something like that instead of the wave preview. I went back to earlier versions of the project and fixed it with very much effort. I am stable with a correct version of the project, but I still cannot Remove Unused Media without crashing and then saving and I cannot backup the project at all.