Cant save project after cleanning pool Cubase 9.5

Hi all ,

Been using Cubase for 10 years now and recently update to 9.5
After finishing a project with customers before archiving I always clean the pool and remove unused audio audio file, sine I recently update to Cubase 9.5 and I got this error message

"The project could not be save because:
The project is corrupt!
The previous version of the project has been left unchanged "

Since SX3 I never had this error message ! Can someone tell me if a action needs to be done to be able to save my project

Thanks
Capture. 2PNG.PNG

Hi,

Have you used Direct Offline Process in your project?

Do you have the latest Cubase update installed?

I have the same issue. I use direct offline often.
Is that a bug? Checking for product updates now.

Do you have a clear step-by-step reproduction, please?

Did Cubase update to latest version (had the problem before and after cubase update today)

  • Pool -> search for missing files - none found
  • Pool -> removed unused media
  • Save Project, or save new version, or backup project
  • Crash
  • Open newly created or saved project get error: “The project could not be save because: The project is corrupt!”

This does not happen in other projects.
I use Direct Offline Processing in this project a lot.
It is NOT a big project.

  • Running OSX, 10.13.2
  • Using Superior Drummer - latest version and updates.
  • Omnisphere
  • Halion SE
  • 4 simple audio tracks
  • there may be some frozen tracks

I had missing media a couple of days ago. I pointed to the missing files and it was fixed. Once I started seeing issues, I tried to clean up the project and back it up to a new location. This is when I noticed this error.

This project also had very weird media naming problems for events like :iano_2 or /iano_2 I fixed all of these but it was not easy. I even had the Audio folder get renamed by Cubase as piano_2 and all the media files were put in there. At one point many audio clips were not seen by the project even though they showed in the pool. In project view the clips showed “building preview” or something like that instead of the wave preview. I went back to earlier versions of the project and fixed it with very much effort. I am stable with a correct version of the project, but I still cannot Remove Unused Media without crashing and then saving and I cannot backup the project at all.

Hi,

Could you share the crash file (located in the macOS Console utility), please?

It’s a super generic error. EXC_BAD_ACCESS

I cannot submit those kind of details about my computer to strangers or to an open forum. Thanks for the help. Going to submit the crash to Cubase. Also going to backup, uninstall and reinstall Cubase. Events are becoming extremely unstable now in any project intermittently. Something is going wrong with Cubase and my OSX file system.

I had this happen on a new project with one audio track. The trigger was renaming the parent folder. Even though the pool shows the correct path to the file in the folder it didn’t connect. It is interesting that this didn’t happen right away. It occurred a session or two later after the folder rename.

The big project where I first had the issue was moved previous to the problem. So there is a bug there somehow. Be careful out there! Backup your stuff.

Could you write step-by-step reproduction (is it always reproducible?) with the ne file, please?

Did Cubase update to latest version (had the problem before and after cubase update today)

  • Pool -> search for missing files - none found
  • Pool -> removed unused media
  • Save Project, or save new version, or backup project
  • Crash
  • Open newly created or saved project get error: “The project could not be save because: The project is corrupt!”

This does not happen in other projects.
I use Direct Offline Processing in this project a lot.
It is NOT a big project.

  • Running OSX, 10.13.2
  • Using Superior Drummer - latest version and updates.
  • Omnisphere
  • Halion SE
  • 4 simple audio tracks
  • there may be some frozen tracks

I had missing media a couple of days ago. I pointed to the missing files and it was fixed. Once I started seeing issues, I tried to clean up the project and back it up to a new location. This is when I noticed this error.

This project also had very weird media naming problems for events like :iano_2 or /iano_2 I fixed all of these but it was not easy. I even had the Audio folder get renamed by Cubase as piano_2 and all the media files were put in there. At one point many audio clips were not seen by the project even though they showed in the pool. In project view the clips showed “building preview” or something like that instead of the wave preview. I went back to earlier versions of the project and fixed it with very much effort. I am stable with a correct version of the project, but I still cannot Remove Unused Media without crashing and then saving and I cannot backup the project at all.

FYI: CAN-12871 Direct Offline Processing
An issue has been resolved where removing unused media with applied Direct Offline Processes could prevent the project file from saving properly.