Can't save projects

I’ve run into a problem trying to save a project. I recorded some drum tracks and tried to ‘save as’ but got no dialogue box. Tried ‘save’ and ‘save as new’ but again, no dialogue box. Tried to close the session and was prompted ‘do you want to save this file?’… clicked ‘save’ and again, no dialogue box. Copied the tracks to a new session and tried to save that but had the same problem. Not sure what to do here… this is a really big problem.

Hi,

Isn’t the dialog hidden somewhere?

Can you just continue in your work after the Save As command?

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

1 Like

Do you mean that maybe it was hidden somewhere off the screen? That’s entirely possible as I do use two screens but is there a way to fix it aside from turning off one of the monitors?

Hi,

Yes, this is what I’m thinking of. But the dialog had one is the highest system priority, so you wouldn’t be able to continue to work, if this would be the case.

I don’t see any other solution but force the system to move the Save As… dialog to other location (for example by switching the screen off) and hope the system would use the new location even later on.

Thank you for your input… the problem seems to have corrected itself for the time being but this will be good advice if I run into this problem again.