Can't save track presets

Hi everybody. I’d be very grateful if someone could help me with this:

Track Presets:

I can load them, but I can’t save them. The dialogue box comes up, I put in the information, but the OK button doesn’t function. Nor does the New Folder dialogue at the top of the panel.

Any suggestions warmly welcomed!

PS I have tried deleting preferences

Hi,

Could you attach a screenshot, please? Do you have an older Cubase installed (older Cubase preferences)?

Hi Martin, thanks for replying. I don’t have any earlier Cubase preferences stored. I am using Cubase 10.5.30 on a Mac running OS 10.14.6 (Mojave). As I said before, neither the New Folder button nor the OK button are working. The Cancel button, yes.

Hi,

I have tried tis in Cubase 10.5.30 and I set all parameters exactly the same way, you did. Is this Track Preset of the Audio track, please? But I still can’t reproduce it.

How did you delete your preferences? Did you use the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], or did you rename/delete the preferences folder, please?

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

Btw, I’m on macOS 10.15.

I used Cubase Safe Start Mode … and also tried deleting the preference folder. Neither worked. Loading a preset is fine, though, no problems.

Hi,

I’m out of ideas.

What track type is it, please?

Hi Martin

The same thing happens on whatever track type, Audio, Midi, whatever.

Never mind, and thanks for your help!

Hi,

If you hover over the button, does it change its color? I’m really puzzled.

All the buttons except the arrow buttons (see screenshot) change colour and appear to function. Just that nothing happens when you press them.

Hi,

Then it looks exactly the same, as it looks on my side. But therefore you can’t click…

What happens, if you just press Enter (while the OK button is pre-selected), please?

same as if you press the OK button, I’m afraid!

Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks for asking. No, no solution. I’ve been waiting cold and lonely on this forum for seven months, but so far no solutions. I updated to the latest Cubase and the problem persists. Strange. I wrote to Steinberg support and … got no reply.

This worked for me I still Cannot Save Plugin Settings - #8 by sunbrother

For step 7, I’ve attached a pic for the proper format (it wasn’t displayed properly for me).

Thank you Infiniumsound for your suggestion … much appreciated. Unfortunately it didn’t work. I shall try at some point reinstalling Cubase and see if that does the trick.

I have exactly the same issue on my Mac. I started having it with Catalina when I installed again Cubase and it is still there with Monterey. tried to delete and install again Cubase but no change. I also washed preferences. Nothing. It is a real pain as you just need to save presets on the go and without this feature everything gets stuck.

OK, so I’ve solved my particular problem. I don’t know whether this might be of help to others, I hope so.

Why it wasn’t working: In order to save space on my MacBook Pro, I moved the folder: (User)/Library/Application Support/Steinberg - to a fast external drive. Then I created a symbolic link, renamed it Steinberg, and placed back it in the folder where it was taken from. Everything seemed to work - except Track Presets.

I undid those actions, and restored the Steinberg file to its proper place. Bingo, Track Presets work again. What a relief! They save a lot of time.

Actually, the Steinberg file which I moved, which lives in the User’s Application Support folder, is quite small, so it didn’t matter. The other Steinberg file, which goes in (Computer)/Library/Application Support, is MUCH bigger, because it contains all the libraries etc.

So, in other words, nothing was lost by undoing that. I’ve continued using a symbolic link for the large Steinberg file in (Computer)/Library/Application Support, and I don’t seem to have any issues with that.

I hope I’ve managed to explain myself clearly enough. Just ask if you need more info!

If you haven’t used Symbolic Links, etc, my solution might still be relevant, in that maybe your Steinberg file is not in its correct location. (i.e. User/Library/Application Support/Steinberg)

I upgraded to Cubase 12 and I still have the same issue. Reinstalled the MAC Os and nothing changed. Very frustrated by this, it’s slowing down all the production flow immensely

Hi futureplan! Could this be a permissions issue in Mac OS? Have you checked the permissions status of yourcomputer/Library/Application Support/Steinberg? And have you got rid of old Cubase preferences?

Already checked that and yes I have trashed the Cubase prefs several times…