Can't see third party plugins in Cubase 13 (Mac Sonoma)

Hi All,
I have just changed from Windows to Mac.
When I upgraded from Cubase 12 to 13 pro in Windows, I had no issues at all. Everything worked fine.
I bought my new MacBook and installed Cubase 13 Pro as well. All Steinberg and Arturia based plugins are fine.
I have some Air Music Technology plugins (Velvet, Hybrid, MiniGrand). They work fine when I open them outside of cubase, but unfortunately I can’t scan them or find the VST / VST3 / AU files. I added and activated them in the iLok Licence Manager and (I assume) I did the installation process as recommended. Still nothing and I just can’t get my head around it.
Could someone help, please?
Thank you,
Adam

Can you see them if you run Cubase under Rosetta?

1 Like

Hi,

If you are using Mac with the Silicon processor, you are probably facing the compatibility issue.

Cubase 13 is starting in the Native mode by default. That means, it can use only VST3 and only Native plug-ins. Make sure, your plugins are Apple Silicon compatible, please. If not, switch Cubase 13 back to the Rosetta 2 mode.

1 Like

Thank you for this Martin. Appreciate this mate!
Is there any downside of running the DAW in Rosetta?
I only get Rosetta, not Rosetta 2 option.
Thanks!

Hi,

The downside is, the same process needs a bit of not CPU power, because it runs thru the emulation.

Sorry, it might by marked as Rosetta only. But in fact, it’s the 2nd Rosetta version. The 1st one was used when Apple switched from the PPC to the Intel processors in the past. But the name doesn’t matter. :wink:

1 Like

Cheers lad! :slightly_smiling_face: