Cant Seem to get Fader Port to work with 8

If there was something with just a fader and a panner I would snatch that up in a heart beat. Kind of silly having the faderport next to the MCU (Mackie Control Universal), wasted space on my desktop with all those buttons.

I planned to purchase the Presonus Fireport.
But I read about a lot of issues.
I am on Cubase Pro 8.0.10, Windows 8.1, both 64 bits.
On the Presonus site I read the issues are only on Mac:
http://support.presonus.com/entries/21558185-Why-am-I-having-to-switch-banks-every-8-tracks-while-using-the-FaderPort-with-my-DAW-
So I think it should be functioning okay on my system, isn’t it?

Don’t think so :
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?p=29342&sid=358e0b7ab85ee0488c1e7edf9fd0297b

Hey did you guys get this resolved? I just ordered one. Ill keep it for pro tools as I plan to get a cc121 anyways but have they sorted this issue with cubase?

Cheers

I am on Win 7, 64bit Cubase 8. Never had any problems with the Faderport. Worked out of the box after installing the driver and placing the dll into the component folder.

Interesting! I hope I have the same luck. Will report back today.

I’m happy to see people are still buying and using Fader Ports. I had one of those when they first came out and loved the heck out of it until the fader motor burned out. Good luck finding solutions for it guys! :sunglasses:

Can anyone confirm if their cubase constantly shows midi out signal when faderport is hooked up? Everything seems to be working fine after some messing around…

PS I just noticed the transport stopped working on my midi controller now. Is this normal when faderport is connected?

thanks

No,
I have two Midi controllers with transport and a Faderport. Everything works

Hmm strange any suggestions at what I may have to do?

I just re-mported the settings seems fine now.

Still can´t get it to work here. Every time I click on a plugin or vst the connection with the Faderport is lost and I have to reconnect through the Devices setup. Tried every DLL/support/Beta/nothing. :angry:

For cubase it worked out of the box for me minus the motorized fader… And then I have trouble getting it to work with Pro tools 10…

So what I had to do was as follows. I know these instructions are for PT user but got it working for me in both…

Now after I followed the below instructions everything was working fine except the motorized fader…

This solved that after doing the following… http://support.presonus.com/entries/20470206-FaderPort-1-3-8-firmware-Motorized-Fader-Solution

I dont know if these steps are all required the last link might solve your issue. But thats just what worked for me.

I have the faderport working great (including the motorized fader) in PT 10.3.4 on a Mac (so this may only apply to a Mac if you’re on a pc). Basically, I followed the same steps I troubleshot on the apple forums to get it working w logic 9 64 bit (which it does as well).

The key is to install the OLDER firmware with the NEW drivers.

Goto presonus’ site and download the Faderport 1.2 installer. Click okay when it says you have a later driver / firmware. Install the driver, then install the firmware associated with 1.2.

Now, download the v1.35 installer from presonus. Install the driver but do NOT update the firmware. Once you’ve installed the new driver just quit the program. Now you should have v1.35 driver w the v1.2 firmware.

Next, goto pro tools and set it up as an HUI, making sure it’s on top of
The list (mine wouldn’t work unless its at the top). Now you might need to power cycle the faderport or restart pro tools, but this SHOULD work.

Following these steps (as well as one additional step w adding a bundle file
For logic 64 bit), I have my faderport working perfectly fine, motorized fader and all, in PT 10 and Logic 9 64 bit, on OSX 10.8.3.

Hope this works for you! And props to this thread on apple support, in which we worked out this combo of driver / firmware to wake up the faderport.

Installing 1.3.8 worked for me.
http://support.presonus.com/entries/20470206-FaderPort-1-3-8-firmware-Motorized-Fader-Solution
BUT, had to install it twice…Didnt work the first time.
Win 7 64bit
Cubase 8

Sold my Faderport :frowning:

Had many problems with Faderport and Cubase 6 but got it to work. Not using Cubase 8 Pro with Mavericks. Faderport not working. Got and Email from Presonus today:

We don’t support the FaderPort for Cubase 8. Only up to 6. Steinberg changed some of the internal programming and it broke our ability to function.

It kind of works but won’t let me do a fade out on the Stereo Bus. They have dropped all support for Cubase 8 Pro. They are still quite lame.

Of course Presonus won’t work with Steinberg to get it to work. Faderport has been lame from the stat. I only bought it to do Stereo Bus fades.

Thanks for letting know, man

Seems like the only people getting FP to work are on PC’s. The only thing that doesn’t work with Faderport on CB8 and Mavericks 64 bit is the stereo channel. Each time I select it it jumps back to one of the faders on the last bank selected. When it worked on Cubase 6 you had to light up the “output” button to get it to work on the stereo fader.

It might help for all the Mac Faderport users to send a tech report or even better call them and get them
to get their act together with Steinberg and make it work for Cubase 8. Either that or return your FP and get a refund.