Can't toggle from Jump Bar using Control 1 or on Mac

Hello,

I can’t toggle the Jump Bar to Go to using the Control 1 or Control 2 keys on my Mac.

If Tab could be the way to do it I would love it :wink:

I wish also to be able to get the
“New Slashed Up-stem Voice” and
“Slashes with Stems”
with the Commands function.

Tab is used to complete the current entry in Command mode in the jump bar, so can’t be used to switch between Command and Go To mode.

Not every possible command will appear in the jump bar at present.

Thank you for your reply.

Then how can I toggle from Commands and Go to in the Jump bar?

With or without the jump bar how can I make those key commands without a mouse?

“New Slashed Up-stem Voice” and
“Slashes with Stems”

You can use the key commands Control-1 and Control-2. Make sure that you have not defined any other key commands that conflict with these.

You cannot currently access the commands in the Edit > Notations > Voices > Rhythmic Slashes submenu by way of key commands or the jump bar. Likewise you cannot access the commands for new voices in the Edit > Notations > Voices > Change Voice submenu by key commands or the jump bar.

Thank you for your reply.

I don’t remember using Control -1 and Control -2 .as a shortcut.
and when I press it nothing happens.

I hope that Edit > Notations > Voices > Rhythmic Slashes and Edit > Notations > Voices > Change Voicewill be available in key commands and the jump bar in future.

Are you sure you’re using the Control ⌃ key, not the Command ⌘ key on Mac?
Those keys work for me.

Until they figure out how to access commands from submenus with the Jump Bar, we can still assign our own keyboard shortcuts to commands such as voice changing. (I’m gonna go do that myself now.)

I had this problem when Dorico 4 came out, and it was because I had previously added key commands for decreasing/increasing grid resolution to 1 and 2. For some reason that was interfering with the Ctrl-1/2 commands. I removed those key commands and then the jump bar/go-to switcher worked as intended.

1 Like

Thank you Mark for your help.

I’m not using the Command key instead of the Control key on my Mac and the key work properly in other application.

I tried to assign the shortcut Control 3 and 4 for the jump bar but it doesn’t work either.
I tried the shortcut Command Option Shift 1 for Command
and Command Option Shift 2 for Go to but it doesn’t work

I turn off all my utility applications such as Keyboard Maestro, Karabiner…
But it doesn’t solve it.

Thank you for your message.

I use the default key commands for decreasing/increasing grid resolution.