Cant update to Pro 10.0.30 on my windows 7x64

Hi all :slight_smile:

some time ago i bought cubase pro 10.0.20 because it was sold for half the price. but my windows 7x64 computer never got along with the installation exe-file. the one that i think is called setup.exe. but then there was a msi-file that worked and i could install cubase. so far so good.

but now then next update, 10.0.30, came along and just in the form of another exe-file and it crashes just like the first one above. and no msi-file this time so i cant update. i get the “setup has stopped working”- error and thats it. i have updated everything i can think of. i might have missed something so suggestions are welcome but it has been a lot of updates including the installer-program and the license/dongle-program and so on. nothing works!!

i know its something on my computer, because i can start the update-file on another comupter that has win10 but no cubase installed. so the update itself works. and since i havent heard of any general fault on win7x64 regarding this problem, i guess the problem is on my operatingsystem or well something on my computer. and the installation i told you about before it was in an early stage so there was not that much of other programs around at that time. i made a clean install from scrath. that is i wiped the harddrive and begun with installing the os and onwards from that.

as an extra lead in this mystery i post here the information i get when the update-file crashes, it seems at least to be a dll-file. but the only fixes i have found for such an error are programs that you have to pay for and i dont want to pay for something that might not work. so better solution please.

heres the crash data:

Problemsignatur:

Problemhändelsens namn: APPCRASH
Programnamn: Setup.exe_Setup
Programversion: 3.5.4.507
Programtidsstämpel: 5cae0a3a
Namn pĂĄ felmodul: KERNELBASE.dll
Modulens version: 6.1.7601.17514
Tidsstämpel för felmodul: 4ce7c78c
Undantagskod: e0434352
Undantagsförskjutning: 000000000000a49d
OS-version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
SprĂĄkvariant-ID: 1053
Ytterligare information 1: 152d
Ytterligare information 2: 152d49a18dcb45231bb1c1efff527c4d
Ytterligare information 3: 6d7c
Ytterligare information 4: 6d7c784962d941895e03c517875503b1

…its in swedish but i think you can interperate the values anyway. so an appcrash and a certain kernelbase.dll-file at fault.

well and thats it…i might have missed an important update, got wrong setting or well anything but this is as far as i have come yet and i dont know anymore.

so all and any help would be greatly appreciated because right now i get nowhere.

//c

I solved this before it got granted by the forum admins since im a newbie on the forum. The solution is that i had not updated the win7 as well as i thought. i got fooled because i update A LOT just to be able to install cubase 10 at all. but win 7 could not as i wrote above stand the steinberg exe-files.

so the solution was to update the .net-framework to version 4.7.2 (i had 4.0). and after that it was no problem to install the update or run other steinberg exe-files. but its an insane amout of things that i had in total to update not say even upgrade win7x64 to be able to run and update cubase 10.

so do a real hardcore research of what is the latest versions of just about everything you can update for your os, i missed out a bit there by the sher amount of stuff to update :smiley:

hope ths can be of help for anybody and dont be affraid to ask if theres anything i might help you with

have a nice day

//C

TO THE MODERATOR(S): THIS IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT!!, A SPAM!! TRYING TO HELP PPL HERE!! YOU ALREADY RULED ONE ANSWER I DID IN ANOTHER THREAD AS SPAM WHEN I TRIED TO HELP A PERSON WITH EXACTLY THIS PROBLEM. VERY FUN FOR THAT PERSON!!

STOP THAT!! OR IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO COMMUNICATE!! EVERYTHING IS NOT SPAM, OK!!