Can't use eLicenser

I’ve been trying all night to install and actívate Cubase Elements 8, wich I purchased/upgraded from the lite versión that came with my UR22mkII interface. There’s no way to make it work. I’ve tried to do it in the different ways shown in your page and no results. As a matter of fact I deinstalled the lite versión and format my computer adding a new hard drive in the process. When I install the elicenser it just keeps telling me there’s a file missing, and to reinstall the program, wich I’ve done, like five times, and it keeps saying that over and over. So, what on earth is going on here? I try to actívate via my steinberg and no result either… Help here? If you may? :question: :question: :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

The first thing you should always do is download the latest eLicenser Control Center:

This is frequently updated. It’s a good idea to check in here about once a month.

If you are on win10, try to run the installer as admin.

If you are on win10, try to run the installer as admin.

I’ve seen this advice a couple of times on the forums, but as I cannot think of any technical reason for doing so, I was wondering whether anybody has ever experienced a differing installation behavior/result based on the way the eLicenser Control installer was launched…?

Please keep in mind that the installer itself requests elevated permissions, so providing them manually seems kind of redundant.

Maybe I’m missing something, though.

I am in the same boat on a client’s Machine, fresh install of Windows 8.1, with Cubase Elements and UR22.
I have the latest VCC redistributable files and the latest .NET Frameworks installed, and i still cannot launch the latest elicencer as i get “…The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer…”

Is there any way to get Cubase Elements AI 9 working on Windows 8.1 ?

Hello,

api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is a C++ Redistributable 2015 file: if it is already installed, you may want to try to uninstall both packages and re-install them: Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows - Microsoft Support.

Please, make sure to install both x86 and x64 packages. Hope that helps.