Casting off

Hello Daniel,

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS for the fantastic and incredible Dorico Pro 2 update.

I would like to ask you if you are considering to make (in future updates) Casting off to not count the pick-up bar.

Thanks for all the great support.

Best regards,
Carlos

Yes, we are going to take another look at this, and also try to make it possible to change the fixed casting-off values at different points in the layout by way of some kind of “casting off change” item.

Is there any chance that we’ll be able to make a measure selection and apply, say, 4 bars per system?

I knew you would pop up in this thread as soon as I posted, Steve, which is why I added the second half of my answer, to which I kindly direct you to read again for more information :slight_smile:

Damn…I wish I wasn’t so predictable…
However, the answer above sounded like a casting off signpost rather than being able to select 100 bars and specify. I have no doubt the solution will be a good one!

It’s just struck me that this could be a great function of the system track?

Hello Daniel,

Thank you so much for sharing that information.

Best regards,
Carlos

This does sound promising. Until now, I’ve only been using System or Frame breaks, but not the casting off tool of the Layout options, since I find it lacks versatility. The kind of property (like we already have for space size) that can be input anywhere in the project will improve it a lot.