Catalina UR44C

Pretty basic setup. When I first boot up my Mac(10.15.2), the UR44C shows up as an audio interface (including in the Audio Midi setup). All is well doing things like playing iTunes or other Mac audio through it, etc. However, as soon as I do anything with Cubase 10.5 (or launch the URC tool). The UR44C disappears from everywhere except the URC tools. In that tool, it shows the current firmware, etc. but when I launch the control panel from within the tool, the UR44C is gone. Even if I quit all of these programs, the UR44C never shows up again on my Mac until I reboot. I must be doing something wrong! Thanks for any help. SJ

Boot: V1.0
Main: V1.01
Driver: V2.02
dspMixFx URC: V1.02

Hi, I’m experiencing the same behaviour with the UR22C. I’ve tried various combinations of USB hubs/direct connections, power sources (USB bus power via USB-C or external PSU) without any luck. Cubase 10.5 initially sees the driver, then on attempting to load either the standard UR22C driver or the high-precision UR22C driver, Cubase displays an error and I have to reboot before macOS can ‘see’ the UR22C for audio use again.

It’s really odd - I’ve raised a support ticket but any help would be gratefully received.

Same problem.

After run dspMixFx, Garageband, Cubase - The device disappears from the control panel list. But I can play guitar with ur22c effects.

MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 (Previous too)
Boot: V1.0
Main: V1.01
Driver: V2.02
dspMixFx URC: V1.02

Need help, please.

Hi, the same thing happens to me with the UR22C. I bought it because it was apparently compatible with mac and in the videos everything is very easy. I’m going crazy with the installation and I don’t know what to do anymore. My mac software is High Sierra

I have the same issue. The hardware setup is fine. I can record and play through the UR44C in Quicktime, but as soon as I boot a DAW (Logic or Cubase) the UR44C disappears.

An update from me; the UR22C is now working as expected. I needed to go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General and click the ‘Open Anyway’ button. macOS had been blocking the driver. What’s really annoying is that usually, macOS (or the application installer) warns about this sort of thing. I didn’t think to check there this time because there was no suggestion from macOS or from the installer. Anyway, so far, so good in testing.

I moved the Steinberg MIDI driver from the Library>Audio>Midi Drivers to the desktop for safekeeping and then rebooted.

So far, problem solved. Since I use USB as MIDI controller interface, the conflicting Steinberg MIDI driver is not necessary. Hope this works for you. Have enabled my Seaboard RISE in Logic, working fine. I/O seems perfect.

Same problem - using Cubase 10.5 on MacPro running Catalina. Installed UR22C Yesterday - all worked perfectly. Drivers and firmware all up to date. Today, every time I started Cubase the UR22C would disappear. Found this thread - tried removing YamahaSteinbergUSBMIDI.plugin from the ~/Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers folder (moved it to the desktop and deleted it from the MIDI Drivers folder) and rebooted. Problem solved (so far, anyway). Thanks rdb5555! Also using USB for MIDI, so not a loss - but not good for someone who needs the plugin for the UR22/44C…