CB 12.0.30 MIDI Remote missing ports

Hi, I tried to make a custom Mapping for my Komplete Kontrol S61, finally. But: I can’t select the correct Port (“Anschluss 1”). I’m only seeing a handful of MIDI-devices in the “Add MIDI Remote”-panel, including S61 “Anschluss 2”. But a lot of MIDI-Devices are missing. Why?
I think the input/output port list was longer on CB 10.0.20, but I’m not sure.

Input Ports:

Output Ports:

Remote Inputs shown:

Remote outputs shown:

Shouldn’t I be able to select any MIDI Device that has either an in- or out-port?

I’m having the same issue with M-Audio Axiom 61 and RME Fireface 400:

Yet it does work fine with CME UF80 on the same computer.

I should add, it’s on OS X.

The weird thing is, that after messing around a bit, I started to see Fireface Port 1, but Port 2 disapeared. It drove me toward the idea of trying to trick the system. I opened OS X Audio MIDI Setup, created a new external device, virtually, connected my Axiom Port 2 to the newly made device input and from there to Axiom Port 1 input, and something fliped.

Now, I’m all good and managed to make my remote work, but the bug’s still there when you try to create a new remote.

Same issue here with M-Audio Axiom AIR 61 on Windows 10:

MIDI I/O’s appear correctly in Setup (see above) and MIDI tracks, but in MIDI Remote selection some of the ports are missing:

Inputs
C12MIDI2

Outputs
C12MIDI3

Seems like MIDI Remote has a problem with detecting multiple MIDI ports on a device, since it shows only the first ones of Axiom.

Moreover, it doesn’t show the user names of MIDI ports, like it does in MIDI tracks:

Inputs
C12MIDI4

Outputs
C12MIDI5

did you guys ever find out why?..
I’m having the same issue with my tascam us2400.

no, unfortunately not.

The missing i/o issue was fixed in release 12.0.40 :smiley:

1 Like