[CB-3932] Audio export not working

1. Summary/Title
    I am experiencing issues when trying to export audio from the Mediabay

2. Description
    I have a project that plays fine no crackles etc…cpu usage is quite high but not causing issues with playback. I stop the transport (no playback)… If I try and export audio from the mediabay while this project is open and use ‘Open In’ then the selected app does not open…until I open a different empty cubasis project, then the export happens, sometimes I will have to ask for the export again for it to work.

3. Expected Results
    I am selecting blocswave (it happens with other destination apps also) as my export destination, I would expect blocswave to open and import the audio

4. Actual Results
    blocswave does not open…nothing happens in cubasis…if I then open an empty project, sometimes the export happens on it’s own, sometimes I have to ask for the export again and it will work

5. Environment
    iPad Mini 2, iOS 10.3.3 Latest Cubasis, Latest blocs wave
    Project is made up of regular MIDI tracks with external destinations (no AU/IAA or internal instruments)
    Audio Tracks some with Channel strip and Studio EQ enabled, others using AudioDamage Grind AU FX, tc-Helion VoiceRack FX

Hi Andy,

Gave the audio share feature a short test with several apps.
Things work as expected in all cases.

I’d suggest to get in touch with Novation to let them know about the issue.
I’m glad to hand over a promo code for Cubasis to them, if required for testing.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Lars

I am happy to report it to Ampify also, but as I said in my report it is happening with other apps too…AudioMastering, Audioshare, Dropbox

I think it is something to do with the project, perhaps it is using too much RAM and there isn’t enough left for the export ? or something along those lines.
The project has become sluggish to scroll suggesting this also.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

had AudioMastering and Dropbox on my list of tested apps yesterday, sharing audio files from within the MediaBay’s mixdown folder.
In my tests, things worked immediately and as expected (iPad Pro, iOS 11 GM).

Best,
Lars

Are you able to test with my project if I send it ?
I am using AU FX - including DDMF Envelope, AudioDamage Grind, AudioDamage DubStation2 other than that it is 12 audio tracks and Channel strip/Studio EQ - no AUv3 or IAA sound sources.
Also, most of my parts are 2- 4 bars long so there are a lot of parts in the project…I cannot join them as yet as they are audio…I will try doing a freeze
on all of the audio tracks and see if that helps…

After that I guess I should wait for iOS11 and see if it still happens there ? I suspect that it is something to do with RAM usage…perhaps iOS11 is better with RAM management when using AUv3 ?

Hi again Lars

I have now tried a couple of other things and here are the results…

If I freeze all tracks to a single part then audio export works fine…
I then unfreeze all tracks that have AUFX on them one at a time to try and identify if a particular AUFX is causing trouble…audio export still working fine…

Now the strange part…
Unfreeze all tracks, so back at where I started…export still working OK…Hmmmm…also project not sluggish when scrolling
Close and re-open Cubasis…audio export now not working again ???..project sluggish to scroll

it seems that opening a project with a large number of parts causes issues, bot sluggish scrolling and audio export…but if you freeze/unfreeze then those issues disappear…until you restart the app.

Hi Andy,

Another issue seems to have a similar issue.
Please check if this matches to your problem: [CB-3932] Issue with exporting audio - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums

Thanks
Lars

Hi Lars,

Yes this is the same or similar issue…i have spoken with Fattigman on the AB forum, and he says my workaround of opening an empty project works for him too…
I did not go into detail with him about what was in his project.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for confirmation.

If possible, please share the project with us along with the steps required to reproduce the issue.
Please use Dropbox or similar to upload the project and let me have the download link via private message.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Andy,

Thanks for providing the project and further information via PM.
I’ve added the issue to our bugbase and shared the information within the team.

Thanks
Lars