CB crashes and takes me back to Windows login screen

I just finished exporting a mix down from CB 11 Pro (windows 10). Switched to my desktop to check the file as im having music randomly appear that ive not recorded (thats for another thread).
Went back to CB and my screen went black, then froze, then everything came back to life, then i was back at my log in screen. All without touching anything.
When i logged in my desktop background had changed to black (it was grey) and text and icons were small (so back to 100%)
I suspect this is to do with the project im using, as it has a graphics error in it all the time.
The error message state CB crashed while executing \graphics2.dll

This is not an everyday issue, but its not the first time.

Cubase 11.0.10.321 64bit 2021.3.10 11.49.14.811.dmp (779.6 KB)

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks very much,

Hi,

What graphic card do you use, please?

If you have AMD, could you downgrade your graphic card driver, please?

Nvidia GTX 750 Ti. Just drivers and control panel loaded, not the whole graphics package.
Latest drivers as of today.
I do have the option of using a slightly better GTX card but not keen to as its more power hungry.

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

Would it be possible to use the other card, just for testing, please? You can always reproduce it, right? So could you just switch the graphic card, test it and see the result?

Thank you.

Its not practical to change the card over at this stage as its in another PC.
This isnt an error i can replicate either. its only happened a few times in 3 months.