[CBT-1335] Importing third party midi files

I uploaded a folder containing midi drum loops from Groove Monkee to my G Drive. These are standard midi files (GM) but when I try to import them into Cubasis 3, all the individual files are greyed out, and I am therefore unable to import them.

Is there an issue? Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

Hi Bill S,

Thanks for your message.

If possible, please upload a few of these files via DropBox and let me have the download link via private message.
Afterwards we will give the issue a repro.

Thanks
Lars

Hi Bill S,

Thank you for providing me with a few example files.

I am able to load the provided MIDI files using the following steps:

• Select provided MIDI files on MacBook Pro
  • Choose “Share/AirDrop/iPad”
  • On iPad: Choose “Cubasis 3” at “AirDrop Open with…” pop-up

Afterwards, the MIDI files appear in the “Media/MIDI/My MIDI files” directory/folder, and can be imported via double tap or drag & drop.

Best wishes,
Lars

I don’t have a Mac, so I cannot try AirDrop. However, the method for importing shouldn’t make any difference. I used AudioShare to get my midi files into Cubasis, and they were placed into Media/midi/my midi files - exactly the same as you.

You have seen the video I did demonstrating the bug. Just now, I tried dragging the file directly onto the selected track (rather than double clicking), but the result was the same.

It obviously works for you, but not for me! I am using the latest iOS software version.

Hi Bill S,

These are standard midi files (GM) but when I try to import them into Cubasis 3, all the individual files are greyed out, and I am therefore unable to import them.

Sorry, was confused by your first report (files are greyed out).

If I get you correctly, it is possible to import the MIDI files.
I’m able to reproduce the following issue, that loading one of the provided MIDI files will always create a new MIDI track.

Please confirm, and note that the issue above ("loading a non-factory MIDI file always leads to creating a new track) has been added to our bugbase.

Best,
Lars

Yes, I can load external files via AudioShare.