CC121 not working with Cubase 11.0.0 build 300

Hello everyone,
I’ve recently installed Cubase Pro 11 (coming from Cubase 7.5)
I downloaded all the latest drivers from the Steinberg website.
I restarted my computer only hooking up my Cubase dongle and CC121 to usb.
As I launch Cubase nothing happens, the cubase ready flashlight keeps flashing.
Do I need to do any additional things within the software of Cubase 11 itself?

Under studio setup (in the studio menu) I click add device and select the ‘Steinberg CC121’ but nothing happens…)

I run on macOS Catalina 10.15.4 with a Macbook Pro with usb-c ports.
And perhaps worth mentioning: everytime I start up Cubase it tells me can’t connect to CoreMidi, please restart. When I push ok, Cubase starts up.

Same thing here on Catalina 10.15.7 on Cubase 11.0.20

I’ve done the latest Big Sur update and Cubase 11
Got my cc121 out today as I’m concentrating on using Cubase more .
With the latest tools download and using usb and the 12v power supply it’s working great.
I admit when I first run Cubase it didn’t show up, but after a reboot of my iMac it was fine.

I just deleted my post, because I was going through the same problem until I realised that the CC121 wasn’t connect to energy socket. It can be deceiving that the lights flash when you turn it on, because some power goes through usb, but not enough to ride the fader. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup, power only required for the motorised fader :grin:

If your using Windows 10 Version 21H2 and having trouble with the CC121 connecting with Cubase 11, the file is being installed in the incorrect directory. You will find that the CC121 extension file has been installed to Program Files (x86) the directory Shared Components.

Path: Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Common Files > Steinberg > Shared Components > cc121_extension_u.dll

The Fix
Copy the file, cc121_extension_u.dll, then paste into path below

Path: Windows (C:) > Program Files > Common Files > Steinberg > Shared Components. This is the correct directory for the file to be seen by Cubase 11

I had trouble installing the CC121, and this was the fix to see it in the drop down remote device list in Cubase 11. Soon as I launched Cubase 11, the CC121 controller was picked up straight away by Cubase 11.

Hope this helps anyone having the same issue. Seems it maybe an issue with the latest version of Windows 10, and maybe previous versions too

This is the latest version of Windows 10 I am using, fully up to date. 18th Dec 2021.

|Edition|Windows 10 Home
|Version 21H2
|Installed on|‎05/‎07/‎2020
|OS build 19044.1415

Hope this helps guys

1 Like

I was going nut but thanks to your tip I finally fixed it!
So grateful man, thanx again