CC121 update tools V1.6 - who really need it?

What do you want ? It’s typical Steinberg behaviour. I have sold mine already (as long as it is possible, I also own a Midex and know of Steinbergs hardware support…)

Alex

I think the advertising pictures of the CC121 with all the buttons lit up is VERY deceiving. I sold mine last year once I realized SB was never going to rectify the button lighting. I am a very visual person and how my studio looks is extremely important. Besides its functions, I bought the CC121 for eye-candy…and feel duped!

Very rotten of SB to do that. I love Cubase, but unfortunately SB’s continued record on hardware remains disappointingly consistent.

I totally agree.

I find the CC121 all but useless in low-level lighting conditions, which means for half the time in my studio I am barely able to use it.

+1

I am not a fan of picking studio gear for fancy light up buttons. The functionality of the CC121 is great; and I have enough eye sight to see the buttons in a dimly lit environment…

Of course I won´t complain if all buttons get a very low background light also if they are not turned on, but PLEASE… I clearly want to see if a button is ON or OFF then, so the background light needs to be extremely low (or by user setting)

Hi Bredo -

Having no reason to doubt Steinberg’s advertising integrity, why wouldn’t I believe what was shown in the picture?

No, I did not see the CC121 in person before buying. Even had I done so, I would still have bought it for it’s functionality, lit buttons or not.

Also, if I’d felt strongly enough, I could have returned the unit to the supplier. But I didn’t, so I didn’t! :slight_smile: