Certain Plugin settings not being saved cross-platform

Hi there.

I have a setup with a friend and we work on cubase across platform (I’m on windows 10 and he is on Mac OS Sierra)

We are having problems with cubase not saving some plug in settings and trying to resolve / problem solve this as it’s causing massive headaches with us working on projects together.

So far the following (3rd party) plugins aren’t seemingly saving any tweaks into the cubase project file.

Izotope Neutron 2
Altiverb 7
Valhalla Shimmer

On opening on the other operating system we get totally the wrong settings usually a default preset. A lot of other third party plugins transfer settings across fine.
Approaching customer support for the above they have said that this is most likely to be a cubase VST preset handling issue. Has anyone else experienced this. Our only work around so far has been to automate the plugins with every tweak we need - this is a real pain though! Some things we need to change within the plugins aren’t automatable

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Ed

Hi,

I cannot imagine this is Cubase VST preset handling issue, if

Hi Martin… this seems to have been the result of using the VST 2.4 version of several plugins which don’t seem to work cross platform (Mac\PC) and was resolved (with the exception of altiverb) by swapping to the VST 3 version of the plugins on both DAW’s. I thought I would share just in case anyone else has this issue!

Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the interesting info.