Change fonts and save as default?

Hi all,

as Dorico slowly matures, I’m now devoting some time to learn how to use it.
A few questions will surely arise in the coming weeks and months, such as this one

How do I change text items in the score to my liking? I’ve found how to change them one by one in the engrave menu, but would ideally like to do it in bulk and only once, having my choices as the default next time.

Help is much appreciated, Yours,
Benji

You need to do it twice, but only twice.

Go to Engrave mode. Then:
Engrave menu > Font Styles. Go to Default Text Font and set that to whatever you like. All character font styles will update accordingly (unless you’ve overridden them already). There’s no easy way of setting these as defaults for future projects, but a) it’s a quick thing to do and b) you could always get an empty project looking the way you want it and then save it as “Empty Template” for next time.

then

Engrave menu > Paragraph Styles. Go to Default Text and set that to whatever you like. All paragraph font styles will update accordingly (unless you’ve overridden them already). For this section there IS a Save as Default button, and if you click it, this will carry forward to future projects (but not existing ones).

Thx!!!

Leo,
last question for today: I recall there was an option for the last system in a frame to go full length across the frame, regardless of the amount of music within. Where do I set that again?

Sincerely,
Benji

Layout Options > Note Spacing
staffWidth.png

Got it! Thx so much! Looked just like I remembered it… :smiley: