change instruments one player

I feel like the entry for Instrument Changes does a better job. I don’t think this article existed back in 2019 when this thread last popped up. Instrument changes

I’m pretty sure that the points Lillie linked to have also been updated for the 3.5 manual.

1 Like

Ah, it does indeed. :+1: Still, I feel the issue links into the core concepts of Dorico, that’s why I found it there…

Good night everybody!
B.

Somehow I did not see this page when I was searching. That is clearer. Also, some days, I am not so clear…

thank you
Bobby

Lillie might be very interested in the exact search terms you used… Better remember them… :sweat_smile:

I would indeed be interested in the sorts of things you searched for Bobby, if you want to share them.

Here’s a recent forum post I made on this topic, pointing in general towards the most recently published manual, for the iPad version, which includes a number of improvements in this area:

1 Like

If this is actually Bobby Previte, it’s pretty cool to see you’re on Dorico too! (I heard you play at the Knit a bunch of times)

Fred

Yes, I confess to playing at the Knitting Factory a couple times, LOL.

I switched to Dorico last year. I had my NYC band here at my home upstate last weekend - I’m sure you know them, Ray Anderson, Marty Ehrlich, Wayne Horvitz, etc. We were working on some new music I did (in Dorico) and I was extolling the virtues of the program to them. They are, as I was, all Sibelius users of course. Finally when I explained how hip the cue function is, the bass player Jerome Harris’s head literally did a 180. I think I sold them on it. Really nice program. As you can see though, I don’t know it very well!

regards,
Bobby,

5 Likes

Hi Lillie

I think that, rather than searching cleanly, I just clicked on a couple links in an old post about the subject and it didn’t take me to this most recent upgrade you did, which is great. My bad, I should have just searched it more thoroughly.

Bobby

No apologies necessary, it’s all useful information for us to know to help people! I expect there are plenty of people who follow older links in forum threads because that’s a completely sensible thing to do. The manuals team is looking into making it more obvious at the steinberg.help end when you’ve landed on a page from the not-most-recent manual for that product to try to help there too.

Fred

So what were you up to back then in the downtown days? did we meet at all?

Bobby

1 Like

I’ll shoot you a PM.