Change Player order in full score in the middle of a flow

Hi,

I have 5 independent Singers (chronological player order) (1st singer has a solo until Bar 100). From Bar 100 on, Singer Nr.3 will have a solo until the end of the piece.
Is it possible to re-arrange the order of the Players (full score) in order for Singer Nr3 to become the first Staff in the Full Score from Bar 100 on ?

CHeers, nostaller

You might be able to do it by assigning multiple Singers per player in order to use “instrument” changes. Make sure bar 100 starts on a new page.

Craig’s solution seems the only viable way. To answer your question directly: no, there’s no way to directly change player order within the score.

In fact, you can’t change player order from layout to layout currently, or from flow to flow (which I anticipate will change at some point). What I mean is that you can’t have one layout or flow with the flute above the horn, and another one with it below.

Actually, Dan, you can change player order from layout to layout. There’s an option under Layout options > Players.

1 Like

Oops, you’re correct. I had conflated flows and layouts. Thanks.

Are there any new perceptions on this original post?

I have a small piece for mixed voices (SATB). For eight bars a few selected men’s voices have a solo, where the four other voices (including the rest of the men’s voices) are just humming. It would be nice to have the solo voice on top for these eight bars and the other four voices condensed to treble and bass clef (SA-TB). Any ideas how to achieve this?

Put the semi-chorus into its own Player and then use Hide Empty Staves or a System Staff Visibility Option to hide/show the special part where needed.

https://steinberg.help/dorico_pro/v3.5/en/dorico/topics/page_formatting/page_formatting_staves_hiding_showing_manually_t.html?hl=staff%2Cvisibility

1 Like

Perfect, thank you Derrek! Adding a Solo Player: Singers / Choir (reduction) and hiding the empty staves did the job.

1 Like