Change Tempo Resolution in Cubase

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 5.12.37 PM Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 5.12.28 PM

We need to be able to change the click tempo like how they do it in Pro Tools. (Screen Shots are from pro tools.) This needs to be a feature in Cubase. If I am in 6/8 I want the click to reference a dotted quarter note, but in Cubase currently the click always references a 4/4 quarter note, so it doesn’t give you correct tempos when trying to work in 6/8 or 12/8 time.

Did you mean something in addition to what you can set up in the Metronome Setup > Click Patterns tab?

The Metronome set up is great, but it still doesn’t give you the right tempo when using 6/8 or 12/8 time. You can try test it out. Make a session in 6/8 at X tempo, then make similar sessions in other daws, and even any metronome app that clicks a dotted quarter note. They won’t be the same tempo. Cubase always refrences the quarter note for BPM, but in 12/8 time cubase should reference the dotted quarter for bpm, but there is no setting to change this.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post being mainly concerned about not being able to get a comfortable click track to record to.

+1 from me.