Change the location of presets in Cubase to user/documents (so that they can easily sync via iCloud)

No, I didn’t move it.

Than please tell me how you did it cause when I open the dialog to save a vst preset will save in the default location and that’s not in documents

Which OS?
I’m on Win11.

Win 11 also.

Local user or cloud based?

Cloud based on laptop local user on computer

Maybe you should use OneDrive to sync the folders.
I’m not aware that I did something special to have the presets save in “Documents”
But the system is very new.

Can you try to save also a chain please to see if goes in the same place?

C:\Users$$$\Documents\Steinberg\FX Chain Presets

Nothing changed in the settings…

Thank you

Does it work on your machine?

they save in the documents folder but I am unable to sync them. many thanks, I will investigate further

So we could change the topic title if you like… the problem is slightly different, and it’s not a feature request any more.

Oh and btw… there were introduced some bugs with one of the latest updates of iCloud, that prevent syncing… maybe it’s related to your problem.

1 Like

Unfortunately on Mac they are not saving on documents, they are saving on user’s library folder so is still a request…

It’s in the user folder anyway…
I think Steinberg followed the guidelines from each OS vendor.
Sorry, but I doubt that it will change.

I have a little hope cause I see that starting from Groove Agent 4 they save in documents folder and also the vst thumbnails are there and they are syncing between computers so finger crossed

We will see…

Hi Guys
I think this is reasonably related…Im ok with all the other presets but just changing hardware and ug to C12, I was testing the hardware and booted C12 which of course didnt have my normal multi out IO which takes quite a bit of work to set up.
It forced to mb audio and of course all the io routing disappeared (which was fine in C11 where I had def saved the input presets)…I reopen that same project with the multi IO and change the device but settings are all gone (although I have opened previously in c12 with no issues )
I did search the forum and last post was over 10 years on this…where is exactly is the IO preset location for back up?
I didnt see that mentioned in the above posts