Changing Copyright field to Current Date crashes Dorico

In Engrave Mode I select a part then double click at the bottom of the page which brings up the copyright field.

I then change this to Revised followed by the current date.

I highlight the new text and filed and press Ctrl+C to copy it.
I then go to a different part to delete the copyright filed and past the new info.
3 times in the last week when I do this Dorico crashes. If I save after every change the program does not crash. It might be because I don’t display the field before going to a different part. Not sure.

I can’t comment on the crash, but if you’re wanting to change what text appears at the bottom of the First page for all part layouts, you can do that much more easily if you edit the First master page in the Default Part master page set - edit the master page, and all part layouts (assuming they’re using the Default Part master page set) will get correspondingly updated.

1 Like

I have not used the Master pages enough to be that efficient yet, but this might inspire me. :slight_smile:

The system of master pages was certainly new to me when I first started using Dorico, and it took me a little while to get comfortable with them but I’d thoroughly recommend doing so - they can be very helpful!

Here’s a great playlist of videos covering some key bits of page formatting functionality, including working with master pages to get what you want out of them. For example, this video that introduces the playlist overall but master pages in particular (this was made in an earlier version so the look of the app and where you access the Frames tools have changed since then, but the fundamentals are still the same) -

1 Like

David, could you please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and upload the created zip file here so that we can take a look and see more information about the crashes?

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.2 MB)
Just so you know… Even with the crashes, I really like using Dorico! There are a few odd things (i.e. tripletts) but overall, it has so many great features! Thanks for making it the best music program for composers and arrangers!

Thanks for attaching the diagnostics, David. Could you please try downloading and installing the Dorico 3.5.12 update, to see if that helps?

Dorico 3.5.12 Update for Mac

I got this message after I downloaded the update and double clicked on it inside Chrome (lower left corner).
I then opened Finder and double clicked on the file in the downloads folder and it installed no problem. FYI

Seems like you might have tried to open the disk image before it was completely downloaded.

Anyway, I’m glad you’ve got the update installed. Let me know if you still encounter the crash now that you’ve updated to the most recent version.