Changing from 32-bit to 64-bit Cubase

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I am using Cubase 32-bit, but i seem to be running out of memory too often. When i open up Cubase 64-bit version none of my plugins show up, only GAO, The Grand and some synths from Steinberg. Where are my other plugins? I know that the plugs have to be 64-bit compatible to show up, but not even Specrasonics Ominsphere which is 64-bit shows up!

Can someone please give me a step by step guide to how i should switch from 32-bit to 64-bit? I want to use all my existing plugins and i am prepared to buy the j-bridge (i think it’s called that) becuase i hear that the bridge function in Cubase is not working at all…

First of all, the cubase vst bridge works fine, depending on what vst you use. Any plugins that are properly installed on cubase 6 64 should show up, no matter if they’re 32 or 64 bit.

To get your plugins in the 64-bit version, you need the plugin dll’s to be in the right folder. They are normally in program files/steinberg/cubase/vst plugins. Try copying over the files from the 32-bit cubase to the 64-bit cubase installation. Some plugins require a full install though, so for some you may have to run the installer again and install to the 64-bit location.

I decided to instal C6 64 the other day, and I had the same result. No plugins!

I have always installed evertying 3rd party in
…\Audio\Steinberg\VSTplugins
and not in
…\Audio\Steinberg\Cubase X\VSTplugins

All I had to do was to go into Plugin Information and add a new path for VST2.x plugins and restart!

I hate plugins getting buried and lost inside deeply nested folders. Plus, it seems each manufacturer’s installer wants to install it in a different location. Every plugin I install, I make sure ends up in one of two folders:

C:\VST32
or
C:\VST64

I recently changed from 32-bit to 64-bit. I now have an excellent working system using Cubase 6 with Omnisphere, East West products and Superior Drummer 2. After help from an expert, here’s what I found is the correct method.

The plug-ins need to go into the follow paths :
64-bit plugins : C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins
32-Bit plugins : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins
(If you don’t already have the paths, then create them).

Go to Plugin Information and point Cubase to these folders.