Changing repeat structures appearance

Hello,

Does anyone know or have to go to change the appearance depth of the repeat structures. I want to visually change the symbols of the repeat sections. I thought they would be under Engrave> Music symbols, but I can’t find them.

Thanks!

I’m not sure what you mean by the appearance depth of the repeat structure, but if it is “wings” on the repeat signs, as in the first screen shot, then that can be found under Engraving Options > Barlines > Repeats. You might need to scroll down a little to find it.
Wings on repeats

1 Like

Hello Steven,

No, I’m talking about modifying repetition symbols such as Coda, Segno, etc. at the source.

A bit in the same way that it is possible to modify the appearance of a clef in Music Symbols by choosing another font for example.

Hello Alexandre,

I’m afraid I have not had a need to do that sort of thing yet, so I don’t know (yet) how to do it. It is possible to choose a different style of coda and segno under Engraving Options > Repeat Markers > Design, but it sounds like that is not quite what you want .
If I can’t find something where I think it would be, I spend some time going through Engraving Options, Notation Options, Layout Options and as many menu items as I can find - the menus do change somewhat depending on which mode you are in (Setup, Write, Engrave, etc.). The manual should contain what you want, although choosing the right keyword to search for is often the key to a successful search.

For the text parts of repeat markers, you can do that in Engrave > Paragraph Styles.

To my knowledge, you’re not able to change the glyphs for the coda/segno symbols themselves, although there is an option for their design in Engrave > Engraving Options > Repeat Markers (to accommodate the Japanese alternative).

Hello Lillie,

That’s what I feared. So there is no way to reassign a symbol (like Segno, since it’s missing with a font I’m using), without displaying it manually through a text box?

Maybe you could use a playing technique or system text?
You could have a regular segno/coda hidden for playback.

Jesper