Changing the sample rate from 44.1 to 96

I would like to change the sample rate.

In Device Setup, VST Audio System, HW Sample Rate is set at 44.1 with no apparent ability to change the value.

My sound card (ASUS Essence STX II) is capable of higher sample rates.

Any information appreciated on what is unknown to me.

Thanks.

To change your hardware’s settings, you need to go into your hardware’s control panel. Or maybe switching from project setup, will also switch the soundcard

Thank-you. It is within Cubase that I am looking to make the change. I had gone into the ASUS control panel and changed the sample rate to 96kHz, but the setting within the Device Setup in Cubase was and is not readily available for any change.

That’s correct. You don’t change it there. It is a per project setting so is made in project setup.

Perfect - Thank-you!

Paulscott’s got it right in another thread…
Windows updates keep changing my sound settings advanced option from 44.1 to 48 so you have to go there and change and save.
To clarify…
Right-click speaker icon (task bar, bottom right).
Click ‘Open Sound settings’.
Click ‘Device properties’.
Click ‘Additional device properties’.
This opens ‘Line Out Properties’ which, as a shortcut, you could probably just search for. Anyway…
Click ‘Advanced’.
Click the drop-down menu.
Mine was set to ‘2 Channel, 24 bit, 48000’ so I changed it back to ‘2 Channel, 24 bit, 44100’.
Click ‘Apply’ to save
*Unfortunately Windows updates seems to changes this so might have to do it again at some point, but at least but at least now you know how

1 Like

Im having the same issue, but I made sure in the speaker properties within windows 10 to set my sample rate to 44000hz before creating a new project, but it always defaults to 48000hz in Cubase, which means i have to convert every single stem of every project in order for it to play at the correct speed. is there any way to fix this?
speaker properties.jpg