Channel Compressor Question

I was wondering how many of you have the channel compressors activated on your channels in your blank templates. Does it make the template so big that it’s sluggish when you’re loading in a new project? Or is it even practical, since you have 3 to choose from and don’t know before hand which one you’ll use?

The reason I’m asking is because I’m trying to develop faster strategies using my MC Control. I can’t just pull up the comp from the channel if it’s not already activated and if I’m activating it inside the channel, it doesn’t make any sense to then go back to the controller to adjust the settings since I’m already in there. That’s like turning on your TV by hand and then going back to get the remote to turn the channel.

How do you guys using controllers work with this?

I have created track presets for each different use.
Lightning fast.

Fredo

Can you access these presets from the controller? How’s that work?

You could assign a softkey to open media bay but I imagine you’d have to mouse from there; not sure though, I’ve never tried it. Track Presets can be accessed by right clicking in the Project window on the track in question which I find quick and easy. john.

I know how to do al of that stuff IN Nuendo. I’m looking for the things I can do from the control surface, like control/program my VSTi’s or access chanel parameters as if I were on a real desk.

BTW, Can anyone tell me where the Q controls are on the MC Control’s Channel EQ? All I see is frequency and gain. Do I have to push a shift button or some other kind of modifier button to get the Q function to show up?

I’m on the road right now, and don’t have my MC Control with me, so can’t tell you how to do it (don’t remember exactly).

But… I CAN tell you that I had the same question, and got the answer in the Control’s operation manual pdf (not the quick start). It does involve pressing one of the knobs… just forget which one!

Good luck,

Chewy

The USER GUIDE says that I should press the shift key + freq knob to access the “Q” setting. But it’s not working. I tried pressing the shift key on the left, holding it, while I pressed the EQ freq knob. I got nothing! I pressed the one on the right to lock the shift button on and pressed the freq knob. Again, nothing! Man, this is annoying!

I know how to do al of that stuff IN Nuendo. I’m looking for the things I can do from the control surface, like control/program my VSTi’s or access chanel parameters as if I were on a real desk.

You can instantiate plugs and pull up presets from the surface of the MC Pro so I would be surprised if you can’t do the same from the Artist Series.

Exactly! I’m using my X-tra Keys as my “Smart Keys” & trying to use the MC for all of the N6 specific heavy lifting!