The channel EQ causes distortion / clipping at low frequencies.
I’ve notived for a long time that when using the built in channel EQ to boost lows, for example in kick drums, a sort of clipping / distorting / crackling sound is added to the sound. It’s always the same and it’s something that is messed up in the channel EQ.
- blank project
- insert instrument track with Groove Agent One
- load Anna Hop kit
- draw a midi note on B0 on full velocity (triggers the cell KICK1)
- play it for some time and make a note of the sound
- enable first band on channel EQ and set it to + 6dB, 50 Hz, parametric 1, q=3
7a) notice the clicking sound at the end of the kick sound?
7b) you’re thinking: idiot: it’s the master fader clipping. Nope - lower the channel fader by 10 dB. Same thing.
- now diasbla the channel EQ and insert the studio EQ on the first insert slot with the same settings and notice how that doensn’t distort?
- bypass the studio EQ - re-enable the first band on the channel EQ and notice how the distortion is now gone?
- turn OFF the studio EQ insert and notice how the disortion re-appears?
Note: the insert a plugin in bypass works with some plugins - for example mod machine and mono delay, but NOT with distortion, bit crusher.
I CALL BUG!!!