CHANNEL NAMES COLOUR STRIP 10.5 - Complaints and Suggestions, mockups inside

I’m sorry, there was a communication breakdown. I thought you were suggesting that colorful backgrounds could be problematic to read based on the color the user selects. Hence my reply.

I’m good with more customization options. Frankly though, I just want something that looks good all the time and doesn’t require too much thinking about.

Like, when I color a track in Reaper, the channel is colored. I highlight the track, the color becomes stronger to indicate it’s highlighted. The label text color automatically changes from black to white to ensure good contrast. I don’t ever think about things like intensity or font colors. These are managed well.

It seems that Steinberg has a problem with current complexity of the screens out there…

I do have old screens (5 of them) and drive them at low resolutions (i.e. today much higher resolutions are possible) - and cubase in many aspects is still good to read. Obviously this is not the case on other screens. For some elements I cannot imagine how they could work on a real high resolution screen - they must be tiny as hell.

I do hope that with cubase 11 or whatever it will be called the whole coloring will be customizeable fully and adjustable to the personal needs, especially the adaptability to various display situations and resolutions.

I have one big wish: Dont neglect multi-monitor users. The “single window” with zones is only a good solution for Widescreens (and high resolutions as soon as the Hdpi will work).

Cheers, Ernst

Well they could be problematic if they do a bad job of creating colours but Cubase 10 already handled this perfectly at least for labels, in the sense that they detected the brightness or darkness of background colours and inverted text white to black or black to white.

Not sure how text/graphics on the channel strip works to that regard, haven’t tested yet.

Yes, we need to able to change the color of that box. White on black is a poor choice for good visibility. It looks more game-like as opposed to professional when compared to many other DAWs.