Channel Settings: option hide EQ/Channel Strip

In the Channel Settings window, the EQ/Channel Stip portion occupies too much space, I would like an option to hide it. Yet better, I would like to control exactly what I want to see in the Channel Settings.

On Cubase 10, the Channel Settings window is now fixed-size.
Prior to C10, I was able to resize the window small enough to hide EQ/Channel Strip, which was very handy for longer output paths.
Now with C10, the window size is fixed… it’s not really ideal but I try to live with that. However, the EQ/Channel Strip portion is way too wide and I’m having hard time to fit the window in a single monitor.

1 Like

I’ve got the exact same issue. I used to hide it too since I NEVER use the channel strip or EQ. Now with v10 I’m stuck with a fixed window. I don’t know why they would get rid of the option to resize/hide.

1 Like

+1

And on the other side, I do use the EQ a lot and sometimes the Strip tools there too… :slight_smile:

I think though, this all has to be due to accommodating the new individual Channel Strip modules designs - which are really nice and I like. Maybe its these that can’t be re-sized easily (at all…?). And maybe why they also can’t be placed in the MixConsole Strip either (which is a shame - the metering at least, is MUCH needed in there.!).

Overall though, I do agree with you and others that the user should be able to customise the whole Channel Settings Editor window and its layout/content, to suit different needs. And it should be re-sizeable.! :smiley:

I remember the first day I used cubase 10 and I encountered this problem. I frantically looked for a way to hide the EQ/channel strip as the realization slowly came to me that there was no way to disable it. Why would they take an important window that is precisely located in many users’ window layouts and make it much wider to accommodate controls many people never use?

I think this sums up Cubase perfectly. For every great feature Steinberg adds, and there are great things in Cubase 10, there is a workflow GUI mistake like this counter-balances it.

1 Like

+1

Totally agree. I love the routing features of the edit channel window, but hate that the Channel Strip and EQ can’t be hidden. I mainly use third-party plugins so have no real need for the Channel Strip and EQ to be taking up so much space. A simple option to hide it would be much apprecaited!

1 Like

+1 Totally agree. Actually, I would love for this to be taken a step further.
(disclaimer: I’m an options guy. The more customizability I have, as long as it’s well-implemented and stable, the happier I am. I love Cubase for this reason, but while extremely flexible, has personally been hit or miss in regards to implementation.)
I (also) almost exclusively use only the inserts slots and gain/polarity (extremely useful) from the pre rack. I truly like the EQ and Channel strip but only find myself using them on occasion as alternatives to my go-to plugs.
It would be awesome to be able to not only hide/unhide, resize, but completely disable/enable separately the Filters, EQ/CS, and FFT globally or better yet, on a channel per channel basis!
I’m sure this would help CPU performance and most definitely screen clutter!
Wishful thinking?

1 Like