channel settings window corrupted layout - win10

Unusable channel strip on win 10, see the screenshot.

Any solution?

Hi,

The Channel Strip is not resizable in Cubase 10, so this shouldn’t happen anymore.

Open Windows menu > Window. In the window select the Channel Settings Window, and click to the Reset Layout. The Channel Settings Window should close. Then you should open it in the default settings.

It works!
Thanks a lot.

Will it ever been fixed? I run into it now every time I start a new project.
Group channels are usually showing too wide faders…
Nice point on the customer’s invoices:
100x restet Windows layout = € 200,-

:imp:

Hi,

Do you create project from Template? How is your Show last used view settings on the Preferences?

+1 Please fix this!

Hi,

Could you please answer my questions to get more information and understand the issue deeply?

Same problem here, this sh*t should not happen, even with older projects.

Yep, happening here too. Double-width fader and other elements also too wide. In MacOS…

Hi,

Please, guys… I really want to find the core of the issue. Could you cooperate (instead just complaining) and answer my questions, please?

Hey Martin!

I’m attaching an image of how my channel settings looks today. As you can see, I’m on a Mac.

It happens even though i create an empty project.

What do you mean by “How is your Show last used view settings on the Preferences?”

Hi,

I mean: Preferences > General > Open Project in last Used View. Sorry, it wasn’t clear.

It says: “Only External Projects”

Hi,

And do you create New Empty project or do you use a template or do you open a project, you got from other computer?

it varies from time to time, the fader is always very broad though.

On Mac OS using Cubase 10.
Noticed that the channel setting windows doesn’t allow you to see the 4th EQ settings.
Presumably a bug or is there a way to reconfigure the window?

David

Hi,

Follow the process from the beginning of the forum:
Open Windows menu > Window. In the window select the Channel Settings Window, and click to the Reset Layout. The Channel Settings Window should close. Then you should open it in the default settings.

I can confirm that this does indeed fix the issue in MacOS, but I’ve no information for you as to how the problem occurs in the first place, sorry.

Hi,

The background of the bug is following:

In the past the Channel Settings Window (CSW) was resizable. This is not truth anymore in the current Cubase version. So if you open a project created in an older Cubase version, where the CSW window has been resized, Cubase change the size of the CSW window to the current “standard”/default size. But there is a bug, so the content of the window is not resized properly back to the default size.

This error then could be inherited to other projects. For example if you save this project with corrupted CSW as a template. Or if you create a new project after you open an older Cubase project and you haven’t fix the CSW issue (Cubase sets the view of the new project the same way, as the last opened project was).

Thanks Martin