Channel Strip problem

Hope someone can help.
I i select a track and load a channel strip setting the track goes off and I am unable to hear it any more. The only way I can get it back is to add another audio track and copy the audio file onto the new track. This happens on both MAC and PC versions…
So as a result I am unable to use channel strip :frowning:

any chance you´ve got a gate active in the CS…?

No, Iv even gone to all the loaded settings and selected ‘not loaded’ taking everything out - but nothing, sometimes the channel strip works but only on one or two…I have a project of 26 tracks and the channel strip mutes all but 2.

Also the Bypass has no effect, once a channel strip is loaded the track will not play back any more? I have to copy it to another track and avoit the channel strip - which was a feature I used a lot in 9.5

I’ve experienced odd channel strip behavior with WaveShell VST3

Anyone?
I tried Steinberg but they don’t reply…

Hope someone can help.
I i select a track and load a channel strip setting the track goes off and I am unable to hear it any more. The only way I can get it back is to add another audio track and copy the audio file onto the new track. This happens on both MAC and PC versions…
So as a result I am unable to use channel strip :frowning:

I’m unable to confirm this on my end, however I’m not totally clear with your issue. Maybe list a step-by-step reproduction so others can follow? Maybe an attachment?

What do you mean by “goes off?”

If you focus a track on any mix console, then open Strip, what are you doing? Loading a strip preset?

I have found the more precise description with repro steps and maybe illustrations will generate a lot more replies. Everyone works with different systems, monitor set-ups, etc.

It also helps if you list your system(s) including GPU etc in your signature even though you said this happens on both platforms.

No solution?

Having the same problem in 10.5 Elements. I have a recorded track. I click “e” and select channel strip. All good. I can activate and tweak the units in the strip and all is good. But if I open a preset channel strip, as soon as it opens audio goes silent. I didn’t change the routing and all looks right. All the other recorded tracks keep playing fine. It is not a gate. There are no levels showing in the track view. I have no inserts in place, and am using only the stock CuBase plugins. Even if I deactivate each item in the channel strip or bypass it, still no audio. It does not come back. The wave form is visible in track view, and I can hear it by “scrubbing”. If I move the event to a new track then it plays fine. But I cannot get back audio in the track where I tried to load a preset channel strip. I even made my own channel strip of favorite vocal settings, saved it, and had the identical problem when I tried to open it in another track.

I’m at a loss … thanks if anyone has an answer.