Chinese words in CD text not displayed

Hi !
The Chinese traditional words in CD text cannot be displayed when playing in CD players, there are wrong characters displayed , any solution suggested? Or the WaveLab should be improved.Thanks!

Lee Kon Fun Sandy

Chinese characters are not supported by the CD standard.

Hi !

But I used Sony CD Architect software 5.2 burn a CD with CD text, it can be showed the Chinese Words and English in Windows Media Player, but I don’t satisfied the sounds, Wavelab is better a lot. What’s your opinion? Thanks!

Lee Kon Fun Sandy

You have to be careful checking CD-text in Media Player, iTunes and such - these programs usually aren’t capable of reading it from the disk. They take their info from online databases usually.

Hi !
I added a plugin WMPCDText to Windows Media Player, can show the CD Text. And the CD is burn by Sony CD Architect , not yet get Gracenote, so that cannot get any information from outside database sources. Thanks!

Lee Kon Fun Sandy

No idea then.
Here CD-Text - Wikipedia
you can see that the two legal char sets are ISO-8859-1 and MS-JIS.

You might have a working solution for certain CD players, but this is out of the standard.

Philippe

Hi !

I know that it is Western European langage and Japanese, but please ask the Wavelab team to improve. My Sony CD Architect is 2007 version, no more update, so I bought Wavelab 8.5 few days ago. I think Chinese Music Market is so worth for you to improve the software. Thanks!

Lee Kon Fun Sandy