Re: Automation of the Chopper’s “speed” control, and, also may apply to other similar automation changes in other plug-ins.
- Audio Track, no automation on the track other than settings for Chopper’s Speed Control.
- Chopper as Insert (no other inserts present on track or in project)
- Place Track and Chopper Insert into R/W for automation recording (automation set to “Touch”)
- Record Automation Changes as Track Plays (Recording can be done by click on Speed Control or by using Quick Control assigned to rotary controller on Midi Controller keyboard. In the screen shot I just clicked in the values as the track played.
- Points are recorded and the Speed Control’s values do change, but, the values are not shown when the automation Points are selected? What is displayed is the last Speed the Copper was on.
I want to insert very precise changes at exact hit points, but the automation is not displaying the values on the track. If I add a new point to the Chopper’s Speed Control Automation Track and drag it up or down, with the plug-in and track Read/Write enabled, the values do not change and I can’t figure out how to enter the value I want. I can hit or miss by using the quick control, but then can’t go back and refine the placements because the values are not being displayed and the plug-in’s control is not changing.
All the points on the displayed automation line show 1/8th when selected.
Somehow, can’t I place the Track and Plug-in into Read/Write and manually edit in the Speed Change points? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.