Chord diagram fingerings at start of flow

You’re right that chord diagrams at the start of the flow won’t appear if you turn on the option to show them after you have already overridden the first page: like all automatically-generated frames (flow headings are the same) they will only appear if the page has no overrides.

If you like to do things like add a graphical logo to the first page of your layouts, you should do this by editing the page templates rather than by overriding the actual page in the layout. There’s an excellent series of videos on YouTube that goes into great detail about managing page templates (they were called “master pages” when the videos were put together, so there’s a slight terminology mismatch to be aware of).

You can’t directly edit the chord diagrams at the start of the flow, so you should temporarily show them again in their normal places in the music (using the options in the context menu for the affected player(s) in Setup mode) to edit them.

Ho aperto il file di Daniel e lo vedo benissimo, è perfetto (MacOS Catalina 10.15.5).

Oh okay, so I’d have to edit the template in the desktop version not in Dorico iPad.

I have an issue with having only some chord diagrams showing fingerings. This has occurred several times now:

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 2.14.38 PM

Any thoughts?

Can you attach the project in which this is going wrong for you, @topjimmy?

Jimmy Rose

The Beauty of the Rain.dorico (1.1 MB)

th_thTrebleClefWithRose.jpeg

This is what displayed when I opened your file on my computer.
There is an obvious differences in font size, and I am running Dorico 4.2.0.1092.

1 Like

Yes, @topjimmy, is it possible you’re not running the most up-to-date version of Dorico? The current version is 4.2.0 build 1092. Check the version number that appears at the bottom of the Hub window, or in the About Dorico dialog.

I was not! Updated, and problem fixed. And, larger finger font on chord diagrams to boot! Many thanks, Daniel.

In the next update might there be an option to choose which chord diagrams to show at top of flow?

We don’t anticipate there being any way to exclude particular chord diagrams from the chords used frame in the next update, but we know that it is something users would like to see.

2 Likes