Chord display window. Why Not?

Seriously guys… Is it really that much hard to implement this option into Cubase ??.. %80 of people would appreciate it since there are many useless things that people don’t use in Cubase. Or they even don’t know that they there are. This should be a must in this program. Actually this should be a must in every DAW.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum,

What exactly should it display? The current Chord from the Chord Track? Why double the information?

If you mean your feature request seriously, add the feature-request tag, please.

Thank you.

If you’ve never used Logic before in your life or don’t know what Logic is, I doubt you’ll be able to understand since that picture explains everything by itself.

I’m not requesting anything. I’m sure lots of people requested it already and Steinberg doesn’t care about it as much as I’ve seen from older posts. I’m only here because being curious about why the devs are so much stubborn to not to implement this usefull feature into cubase for years ?

Please don’t tell me ‘‘There are ways to show chords’’ !!! That answer would be veeery boring.

Hi,

I was using Logic until Logic 9.

Sorry, ti doesn’t. It just shows the transport panel with some Chord name displayed. But I don’t know, where does the Chord come from. You can surly explain it, if you want to get the same in Cubase.

Then I didn’t get sense of your post, sorry.

Then you can support their request.

Developers are developing, what do the product owners/planers decide. Why it has not been implemented yet? Probably the product owners/planners decide for more important features from their point of view. Probably no one requested this yet (same as you didn’t), or the request is not supported by other users enough (same as you don’t want to support it).

I’m not here to entertain you. my question remains: What exactly, do you request?

2 Likes

Hi,
I know that. There are other ways too showing the chords. I think Martin is having difficulties to understand the situation here. So I leave him be. But I guess you understand it a little. But let me explain it to you too. Every one who knows Logic Pro is familiar with that little chords display in the transport, which shows you what chord you’re playing. It’s there, right in front of you. You don’t have to do little tricks or open plugins or whatever to see which chord you are hitting on your keyboard. Hell you don’t have to do anything at all. It’s right there. I can’t really believe I’m trying to explain this now actually. What a disappointment. I’m only asking why the devs don’t implement this little feature into the DAW for so many years. This answer ‘‘Developers are developing, what do the product owners/planers decide. Why it has not been implemented yet? Probably the product owners/planners decide for more important features from their point of view. Probably no one requested this yet (same as you didn’t), or the request is not supported by other users enough (same as you don’t want to support it).’’ like a joke.

(post deleted by author)

Maybe you don’t get what kind of place this is?
This is a user forum.
Your question offends some users not related to Steinberg, just using the software.
We have no problem if you like Logic.

You have a resizable chord track where you can see all the chords at once. You can see the chord you’re editing at the top of the midi editor. Also it isn’t clear what your needs are.

Unfortunately, the chord display works only on existing data.
grafik

Logic’s display works also on live input. I’d also like to have that (since the 1990’s).

1 Like

If you create a chord track, insert a chord event and edit it, you’ll see the live input button. This way you can see the name of the chord, it’s formula (sort of) and fingering. I don’t know why you would want this feature so disregard if what I am saying is totally off.

edit: You have the same feature in the chord pads section. Just click the left point of the pad and it will open the editor, all live input recognition.

It has been in Cubase for ages - both the key and score editor have it:

But this is not a live display

1 Like