Chord Staff and Chord Extration Features in Dorico

Hello Dorico team,
Would be really nice and very time saving if you implement functions like Chord Extraction and
Chord Staff (which can be used for orchestral pieces). The idea for this two functions comes from Staffpad.
Here you could check more about the idea:

Would be great if we have a feature to extract the chords, instead of inserting them separately! :slight_smile:
In case of only guitar, or piano, or organ staff it could analyze the chords and puts them above the staff.
I hope you would think about integrating of these options! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

2 Likes

I frequently find a 1-line staff useful, so Iโ€™ve hacked my instruments.xml file to have one available. If youโ€™re willing to do that, you can easily have a Chord Staff now.

(Or it could be a 0-line staff too.)

1 Like

@FredGUnn hello,
Thank you very much for the reply! :slight_smile: I know that Chord Staff could be tricked.
Here the main focus is mostly on the Automatic Chord Extraction + Level of Complexity
Just as it works in Staffpad. When the Chord Staff is invoked in an existing score, Dorico should automatically analyze and extract the chords. :slight_smile:
Staffpad provides a slider for chord complexity. Such option will be very useful, too. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz