Chord Track Issue with Scale Events

No, it hasn’t been resolved yet. I’m still hoping it’s going to be resolved in Cubase 12 (if not in Cubase 11.0.50).

Miloslav

1 Like

Just adding another voice to this. This bug is horrendous for workflow. Please fix.

1 Like

Noticed the same, and since I typically write and play in completely uncommon modes, I deleted everything, and re-created all of the scales I needed.

I didn’t look very closely, but at the time I thought that when you change the first scale event and then reload it relates the other events to the first one according to diatonic equivalence. At least that is what I would hope. Unfortunately that is not what valsolim is reporting.

E Phrygian is the same set of notes as D Dorian not E Dorian
F Lydian is also the same set of notes as D Dorian not F Dorian

Has this been fixed in 12?

I have just installed Cubase 12 and this was the first thing I tried out. And it really seems to be fixed! Scale events do not change randomly anymore! :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you so much Valsolim!

This is great news. For me I’d have to migrate to Windows 10 and then 12 so thank you so much for confirming for me.

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, I can confirm the fix in Cubase 12.

1 Like

Thanks for this thread. I’m experiencing exactly the same issues on 11 pro and I can finally stop searching what is wrong with my system or workflow.

Updating to 12 is not what I’m looking forward to. And is not fair you need to speed extra money for the upgrade just to get rid of a bug.

2 Likes