CI1 Hissing and Beeping

Hi everyone,

I’ve had a Steinberg CI1 USB audio interface for years now, but when I tried it in my newly built desktop computer, the connected speakers started making this hissing noise with beeps. It works fine on my old laptop, and also it works fine just using a headset. The computer build has a topend PSU, so I doubt that it is interference, but nevertheless I will check into that. All drivers are up to date, inputs are working fine (I tried it through cubase), and the hissing is still there even with other speakers and cables. Is there anything else I can check for before buying a new USB audio interface?

I had the same issue, a lot of hissing/beeping/interference, even with normal web browser, and in games is was really loud. I tried to replace cables etc, but no luck. Often this kind of issues are caused by power issues.
The solution for me was to connect the power cables of the speakers connected to the CI1, to an source other than my PC (even another power group). Invest in a good powerblock may also be a good idea. That completely fixed it: perfectly sound again. Hopefully this helps others.