CI1 no longer picking up signal from computer for recording

Hi,

Recording through my CI1 has been working until lately, when I try to record say with Audacity (same issue with other software I tried) it only picks up the signal from Input-1 (my bass), it no longer picks up the signal coming from the computer (it used to).

Though my speakers (connected to the CI1) get the signal from both Input-1 and the computer.

Can’t say for sure but I’m thinking maybe it has to do with a Win10 update.

Anyone have similar issues and a possible solution?

Hi Paul,

I have the same issue, however never had it working. Did you figure it out by any chance?

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael,

I gave up as well, I then bought a Roland Quad Capture, it’s been working fine

Paul

Thanks for getting back to me. What a shame, its a really nice unit, and seems like a must-have feature. Think I’ll try and hook mine up to the internal soundcard for recording.

Cheers,

/m

Hi all,

Just to follow up, if anyone stumbles upon this post and has a similar problem. I don’t think my issue was quite the one as Pauls, my issue was that Audacity would not be able to record what came out of a DAW running of the same machine.

After some fiddling around a found out that disabling the setting “Allow exclusive access” on the sound-adapter settings and then using the “Line (Steingberg CI1) loopback” in Audacity as input would work. Not for ASIO, but for recording it will do for me. Below are the windows settings I went through, sorry for the Danish texts.

Regards,

Michael