Ci1 Problems..

Hi i just bough a Ci1 today! After installing & registrate it i have some problems :s

I plugged my headphones into the phonein and i just have sound on the left channel of my headphones, same happens when i plug my headphones into the L/R output i still have sound on the left channel, so anyone here know what i should do to fix this?

And a another problem is that when i playing on my keyboard,listening to music the sound just disappear for 2-3 secs and this still repeat 10sec space.

Do your headphones play in both ears when you are playing back audio from the computer?

Also, it sounds as if you are getting audio dropouts. You may need to optimize your computer for audio and/or adjust your ASIO driver to a larger buffer size. There is a lot of information in this forum on how to do both. Just search on “optimize”.

Hi, my headphones works perfectly back on the interigated soundcard!
So any ideas what this is caused by?

And i still get cutouts, i did what that guide was telling me.

Run this to evaluate your computer’s strength. You may also want to check about getting a powered hub, which will increase the amount of power your CI can suck from the computer if the computer proves weak.

http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

My question was, do you get stereo playback THROUGH THE CI1 when you are playing a mix out of your DAW. The test was, is the CI working as designed. From your answer, I still don’t know.

I think the CI series separate the inputs one to an ear, 1 to the left and 2 to the right. Ridiculous, I know, but that seems to be the case.

Try pressing the MONO button.

Hi i did the DPS/latency check, and my computer scored 156, so i actually dont see the problem but i can try to buy a USB hub to check out there will be any difference :slight_smile:

But i have tried now for 3-4 days to get the sound into the R-Channel of my phones, pushed every buttom on the UI but i still dont get it :confused:

The powered hub should only fix your audio dropout problems, not your output in one ear ordeal. Just wanted to clarify.

I’ll give it one more shot. When you report hearing sound only in one ear, what is your sound source?

I’m having the same problem.

I’m using Reaper. Audio played through my “normal” speaker setup sounds fine. Audio played through the Ci1 unit, whether I use headphone, L, or R outputs, only plays into the left channel. Thoughts on this?

Using Vista Ultimate. Not sure what other info to include. Drivers are up to date. Windows is up to date.

Thanks!
David

I’m now testing with Windows Media Player playing out through the Ci1 through the headphone jack, and this is also only playing through the left channel. Could it be a faulty device?

Have you tried Steinberg Support? Contact info is available here somewhere…

It might be worth checking the Windows Multimedia setup for your hardware, too.

This is one of those situations where it would be nice to sit at your house/studio and analyze the connections of everything. Being that I’ve never had problems with panning, I would really have to work to reproduce the results.

That means I’m either wicked genius or kinda lucky. Which would you say?