CI2+ Driver Issue on Mac with Aggregate Device

Hi Guys,

I think there might be a problem with the Mac CI2+ driver. I created an aggregated device containing my new CI2+ and my iMac’s built in microphone and line in/out. This kept causing Cubase to crash when I tried to change the bus settings.

I also tried the aggregate device in Ableton Live and it crashed that too. If I remove the CI2+ device from the aggregate, everything works perfectly.

I tried re-installing the latest driver but it did not make any difference.

Is this a known issue? Is there a work around?

Thanks,

J

Anyone from Steinberg care to comment? I need to send this back for a refund if I can’t use it. Which is a shame because the audio quality is excellent and I quite like being able to control Cubase sliders and knobs from this piece of hardware. But…

I have a similar spec’d piece of kit which cost a third of the price, has lower latency and doesn’t crash Cubase (or Ableton Live) but doesn’t control Cubase in anyway.

Anyway, don’t want to make a big deal about it because I’m a big fan of Cubase which I have been using for a very long time but my CI2+ just doesn’t seem to work as part of an aggregate audio device.

Thanks,

J