CI2+ will not pick up my microphone

I am confused, I have looked into this and see that some other people have had issues with this as well. I installed and registered all my products correctly, but now when I start Cubase AI5, my CI2+ will not pick up my Blue Bird microphone. I can hear in my monitor if I tap the microphone screen, but the moment I try to sing into the mic…Cubase or the CI2+ doesnt even acknowledge that there is any sound going on. I thought this was possibly a driver issue, but it is not mentioned in the manual at all. I am not going to lie, I am new at setting this stuff up. It may be an error that I have done. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I’m not sure what the issue is, because you didn’t include anything about your setup, but there are a few things you can check.

In Cubase, open the menu Devices/Device Setup… and select the VST Audio System item in the Devices List. In the VST Audio System window, be sure your Yamaha ASIO driver is selected and close the window.

If you still are getting no input, select the audio track you are trying to record into and look in the inspector window to be sure the correct input is selected.

As a beginner, you need to know that if you start Cubase before turning on your input device, it will revert to the generic multimedia driver as it starts up, and will not automatically reconnect to your CI device after you turn it on. You’ll have to manually assign Cubase to use it again. To avoid having to do this every time, always turn on the CI and give your OS time to recognize it before starting Cubase.