Circle/enclosure font?

This is a bit embarrassing… I need some options for fonts that include native circular enclosures. A while back there was a discussion of fonts that have enclosures built into them. There were several good options suggested… one of which I contributed… and for the life of me, I can’t find the thread!

Anyone?

2 Likes

Was it this one, perhaps?

1 Like

Just so, thanks Leo. The one I was looking for was the one Romanos suggested. Cheers!

I’ve just seen your screenshot on the Facebook thread. You started on that job quickly :wink:

Yeah, I’m still looking for an easier solution. Probably going to spend more time looking than I would spend doing it manually… ah well.

1 Like

You could also use any font that defines the Enclosed Alphanumerics region of Unicode. Most fonts that render these are sans-serif; Quivira is the only serif option I can find. It also has some options for multiple characters enclosed in a circle or ellipse in the Private Use Area.

1 Like

For anyone not following the Facebook post on MET, here’s a great font I found: https://brill.com/page/BrillFontDownloads/Download-The-Brill-Typeface?fbclid=IwAR1qvs3o0wqoT-_5tZ6KMmlOJgtwM2187EuF_PDPmXNq_wRNCKDbStyhAgg

3 Likes

Dan, this is BRILLiant. I’ve never heard of this. Thanks for sharing!

(PS-I know I owe you a recording…)