Class compliant UR824 driver - works with Android?

Just a quick heads up to anyone using an Android tablet or phone.

I’ve loaded the class-compliant USB driver and connected my two UR824s to my 1st generation Nexus 7 Android tablet, running Audio Evolution mobile with USB recorder pro (two Android apps that cost probably no more than £5 in total).

I haven’t yet been able to try recording, but Audio Evolution recognises BOTH my 824s and lets me set 16 tracks for recording onto my tablet.

I’ll post again with results of my attempts at multitrack recording on the Nexus 7.

Steve.

Great news! Are you also able to say the recording parameters (sampling rate, bit depth…)? Are ADAT channels recognized?

Paolo

I’m not at my machine right now. As I remember, the recording was set at 24 bit and 44.1 khz - which is the setting I use on Cubase.

And yes, I think the ADAT connections were showing on the Nexus 7, because it offered me up to 16 tracks of recording and the track names were those I had already programmed into the UR824 from using Cubase. It looks very impressive, but as I say I’ll report back when I’ve had a chance to try some actual multitrack recording.

Steve.