Classical Guitar Indications

It’s something we did based on some (apparently faulty) information about the kinds of markings guitarists use. We will rectify this in a forthcoming update.

I am an amateur classical guitar player, and I am evaluating Dorico Elements 3 (within the 30 days trial period). I second Esermon’s complains regarding the Bar indicator for classical guitar. Musescore 3 is doing a pretty good job regarding the bars and its continuation lines. May be, it is worth taking a look to it, to improve Dorico 3 in this aspect.

Has this feature been added to 3.1 with lines or are you still suggesting this workaround?

We haven’t changed this specific thing in Doico 3.1, no, but it definitely remains on the backlog and I expect us to get to it soon.

Dear Daniel, I´d be also interested in the project you created. It would be great if you could send it to me. Thanks!

I didn’t actually do it in the end, as Esermon decided that he wouldn’t use Dorico. But I could do it now if needed.

Will it be realized in the fourth iteration? It is not trivial to not having it available…

I can’t say for sure, I’m afraid. All I can say is that nobody in the team is working on it right at this moment, but it certainly remains on our backlog for future implementation.

As a new Dorico user (from Sibelius, and Finale before that), that I am really impressed by the classical guitar notation features! Great work, I am looking forward to what’s next.

This is not a barre chord issue per se, but I am having a curious issue with string indicators. When I check the show String Indicators button, sometimes open strings appear with just a zero rather than the string number inside of a circle. I’ve tried manually using the string indicator under the guitar techniques, but this creates a larger sized number for the whole chord. Is there a work around, or something I am missing?
D.png

Welcome to the forum, Jay. There’s an engraving option for this, on the String Indicators page of Engraving Options.

Dorico 3.5 has been very very helpful for guitar notation. Thank you and the team. Has there been any progress on the guitar technique - The Bar that I referenced in my comment? That is, I want to insert a Roman numeral and line. How would I accomplish it?

1 Like

I’ve done quite a few playing techniques for classical guitar re position and bare numbers using Roman numbers and continuation lines. I attach a little solo that shows some of these.
Is it possible to share Dorico files (e.g. on a Mac I think it’s …
Library->Application Support->Steinberg->Dorico 3.5_>user library.xml)?
I know that using someone else’s files would overwrite one’s own changes unless one knew what to edit.
Prelude No.7.pdf (51.8 KB)