Clavinova CVP-409 as sound module

Hi,

after a long time I just bought a Cubase license again and would like to use my CVP-409 as a sound module. The Clavinova is connected via USB and shows up in Cubase as MIDI Input and as “Clavinova-1” and “Clavinova-2” output. Unfortunalely, when I create a MIDI track and assign the Clavinova as output, no MIDI is received on any MIDI channel. I tried using the CVP-109 and the Tyros 2 from the list of MIDI modules and assigned them to my “Clavinova-1/2” Outputs, but no cigar.

Is there anything I’m missing? I think I should receive at least some Signal, not anything at all on the Clavinova.

I tried connecting the Clavinova via a MIDI cable to my audio interface and SURPRISE!! everything worked as expected! Even the patchname maps are working properly!

So the question remains: why is the USB Output not working?

Thanks for reading!
Mike

Hi,

Why did you use Clavinova-2 as an Output? Could you try to use also Clavinova-1 as an Output, please? Make sure, you are sending data over MIDI Channel 1, please.

Hi,
Hi Martin,
thanks for responding!
I did try both Clavinova-1 AND Clavinova-2, of course. That’s what I meant by "assigned them to my “Clavinova-1/2”. 1/2 = both 1 AND 2. I also tried all MIDI channels.

Cheers,
Mike