Clean install - now missing presets / sounds

I undertook the bold and very time-consuming task of rebuilding my entire system.

Cubase 8 is up and running and all is well EXCEPT I no longer have any presets / sounds for the likes of HALionSE, Reverb impulse files etc etc. and also missing VSTi like PAdshop. I’ve been into Media Bay and rescanned everything and after much searching online I still have been totally unsuccessful in finding a fix that actually works.

I wonder as I installed the C8 upgrade whether I’m missing the content including some VSTi because it’s and upgrade rather than a full edition?

Hi,

Did you install the content from the installer, please? From which version did you upgrade?

I’ve been upgrading for many years. For this rebuild I installed using the Cubase_Pro_8_Update_Installer_win - the one I download when I first updated from 7.5. I then immediately updated that with cubase_8.0.30_update_win

What I wonder about is that this installer I downloaded back in Dec 2014 is 3.8Gb in size, but when I check the available download now it’s labelled as being 9.2Gb :question: :confused:

Then I would recommend to download and install the 9.3GB file, which definitely contains the whole content.

Doing that now. Curious that it’s more than twice the size of the one I previously downloaded? Anyway… let’s see.

:slight_smile:

Curious that it’s more than twice the size of the one I previously downloaded?

Why does that seem curious?..this tells you that you’re actually missing over 5Gb of content which could be Halion sample libraries, GA SE sample libraries, Audio loops etc.

The 9Gb full installer always available in your MySteinberg is the one to use for a clean system. (Plus latest update)

Curious, because I did not know this:

The 9Gb full installer always available in your MySteinberg is the one to use for a clean system. (Plus latest update)

But it’s not curious anymore. :sunglasses:

I have been using cubasis and cubase 5 studio and I ve built cubase pro 8,Ive built the software and my elicenser is ok!
After installing the software I had sound but since I ve done a Windows 10 update I ve no sound anymore but the vu meter of the mixing console shows that the sound card device is connected!The peak meter goes up to 0 Db!when I hear the video tutorials I’ve sound but when I select the productions or record setting I ve none!Some one could tell me whats wrong?Thanks for your further help!wodansohn

Hi and welcome,

This is probably completely different issue.

Check, the correct ASIO driver is selected, please, and make sure, the Buffer Size is high enough.

Also check you VST Connection > Outputs. If there are busses, try to remove the, and add a new one.

Hi dear martin!thanx for your advices!as I bought cubase pro 8 I had sound after setting and connecting the soundcard correctly,i had sound and could record!As I m an ambaint music composer I use mainly padshop pro,and halion SE!
My Pc is brand new !It is also A quadcore pc that contains 2TO hard disk space quiet enough also,and I ve 8 Go ram sapce!MY Os is also Windows 10 and i Bought the pc with WIN 8 license!
Else I made sure the soundcard is connected and the vst selected is allright!I tried padshop and halion but no sound!
The ASIO driver is OK because before updating Windows I had sound and could record!I ve also removed the win up dates and reinstalled cubase PRO 8 but Nothing happen ,the recording and the production page stay silent!
Well dear Martin I told you everything,may be you can tell waht I made wrong,Thanx

Just a heads up… Win10 is not supported yet. It sounds as if your audio device driver is not Win10 ready yet.

I recommend rolling back to Win 8 until Steinberg gives a green light for Win10 support.

Good luck!

thanx a lot for the advice!I llgoback to win 8!thanx a lot